(laser assisted in situ keratomileusis)Contact Us Today
LASIK is a safe and reliable way to improve vision and reduce or eliminate the need for glasses and contact lenses.
Thanks to LASIK, millions of people have experienced the wonder of clear vision without glasses or contact lenses. Chico Eye Center is the only office in Chico currently performing LASIK and PRK.
• little or no discomfort
• almost immediate vision improvement
• extremely rapid recovery
• most patients require no corrective eye wear after surgery (although patients over 45 usually need reading glasses).
LASIK is an outpatient procedure that uses two different types of lasers. The first laser (femtosecond) is used to create an extremely precise hinged flap of the cornea. The second laser (excimer) is uses advanced technology to gently and precisely remove, or ablate, corneal tissue in order to reshape the eye based on person’s unique prescription. The flap is then gently repositioned and fits back into place like a puzzle piece due to the precision of the femtosecond laser. Immediately after surgery, vision will be somewhat blurry. However by the next morning, most patients are noticing dramatic improvements in vision. Vision is usually stable in less than a month, but it can take up to four months for full microscopic healing to take place.
• Over 21 years old
• Stable vision for at least 1 year
• Cornea is healthy and thick enough for a flap
• Has refractive error(s) that fall within the treatable range
• No diseases or conditions that could impair the procedure or healing process
• Has been educated about the procedure including its risks, alternatives, and benefits
• Understands that the goal of surgery is to improve vision and reduce dependence on glasses and contact lenses
Refractive surgery refers to a group of minimally invasive procedures that reshape the cornea to correct nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism leaving most patients with 20/20 vision or better after treatment. These procedures are customized to provide the best possible results for each individual patient, allowing your surgeon to correct the specific refractive errors that interfere with your vision. Refractive surgery helps reduce or eliminate the costly and bothersome need for glasses and contacts. The most common refractive procedures are LASIK and PRK. Chico Eye Center performs the largest volume and have the most experienced surgeons in the area.PRK Surgery